Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ink Storage - Do you love yours?

Do you love your ink storage and would it work for me?

I've had the old style pads and now with the new colors plan to switch to the new pads one color group at a time. I'd like to evaluate which ink pad storage would work out best for me. I'm going to try to attach a photo of the space where I'd like to put my ink. It is 13" wide by 15" deep and has height clearance of 15 1/2" due to a shelf above the area. Do any of you have something that fits in that tight space? Does the SU caddy fit into that space?

I would like something I could pick up and take into the dining room when I have a class or have friends over to stamp. Also it would be AWESOME if it could somehow fit both old and new style pads, since it will probably be a year or more before I get all new style pads. I do not want it to have holes for markers, but would love it if it could accomodate re-inkers.

Am I just asking too much here???? My DH always says I want products that only exist in my head. LOL!

UPDATED PIC OF THIS SPACE ON PAGE 4 OF THIS THREAD!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ink Storage - Do you love yours?-space-ink-storage.jpg  

Last edited by Jami; 07-12-2005 at 10:12 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Wow this system is cool and IT'S ON SALE!!!

http://www.dzyntec.com/dzyntec/produ...roducts_id=103

I don't have room for it, but thought some of you might be interested in it. Normally 1 unit for 12 colors is $29.95, but they have 4 units for $40 on sale.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that this system looks SUPER! I particularly like the little drawers.
I wanted to order the special with 10 of them; but, when I went to place the order, shipping was $54. Too high for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 12:18 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

The top 3 options that might work for me so far are:

SU Color Caddy (but it won't hold old style pads)

Porta Ink
http://www.cdjdesigns.com/store/agor...PortaInk_Cases

StampNStore Model 415
http://www.stampnstore.com/stamppads.htm

Do any of you have any of these? Have any feedback on them? Or other suggestions?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajitldy
I agree that this system looks SUPER! I particularly like the little drawers.
I wanted to order the special with 10 of them; but, when I went to place the order, shipping was $54. Too high for me!
So what was the TOTAL including shipping going to be for 10 of them? Just wondering what the per unit cost ended up being?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jami,
I don't have any of these, but I am in the market for something too so I am following your thread! I did notice though that the Stampnstore model 415 that you mentioned is actually larger than the dimensions you listed... only by a few inches... but I just wanted to point it out before you ordered it and couldn't fit it in!

Happy hunting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 12:32 PM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sairabee
Jami,
I don't have any of these, but I am in the market for something too so I am following your thread! I did notice though that the Stampnstore model 415 that you mentioned is actually larger than the dimensions you listed... only by a few inches... but I just wanted to point it out before you ordered it and couldn't fit it in!

Happy hunting!
Thanks. I'm thinking I could move stuff a little bit to make it work. I just don't want to completely re-do my stamp table that I just finished organizing!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the SU! ink pad holder and the CDJ Designs PortaInk. I have to say that I much prefer the CDJ Designs ink pad holder because all of the ink pads are accessible from one side and it is relatively flat so it fits up against the side of my cabinet. The SU ink pad holder is difficult to turn and I find I really don't have the patience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 01:10 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jami,

I have the PortaInk side by side traveler. I got the inserts so I can have both the old and new style ink pads in it. The inserts are really easy to move if you need to. I LOVE this storage solution. I can't say enough about it. It's perfect for me and I like that it has the plastic cover so I can take it with me when I go to a friend's house. I found it a little pricier than other options, but IMHO it was worth every penny. I have another friend who also has one and she loves it too.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 02:15 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

I have the acrylic units from Dzyntec. I just answered a private message yesterday, so here are the details I wrote:

I actually bought the turntable with the four that I got, but then decided I liked them flat against the back wall. The turntable is 14" square and is very sturdy and turns smoothly with the cases on it. If space is a problem, some of those wooden turning units are slightly smaller, so this acrylic one might be "bulky" for you. With the four cases on the turntable there is a 3" square well in the middle that you could put something tall in. The overall height is 12". The doors are are easy to open, having a magnet to hold them shut and a nice rounded acrylic knob to open them. I think the quality is excellent, not cheap (the turntable does show some glue smudges sandwiched between the pieces, but it is covered when you put the cases on). I would probably put some of that rubber shelf liner on the turntable to keep the cases from sliding. The handles on top are very sturdy, they lay flat and swivel up to carry. The price is very good I thought, but the shipping was $18 for me in California, I suppose the wooden ones would also charge similar price. Did you click on the "features" tab at the website to see closer photo details?

I am very pleased with mine. I like that they are clear, nice clean lines (unlike my desk at the moment, which is a mess ;-) ). Oh, the three little drawers with a 12 grid for holding reinkers and the sponge daubers: I didn't have a use for the third one so I broke out the grid and the "drawer" held up fine. Or you can leave that drawer out and just us the shelf.

Hope this answers your questions. It's good to shop around for the different models. I considered lots of options, and read the threads for advice on here on SCS.

Happy shopping and stamping,

~ Kathy

p.s. The woman I wrote to answered back that she considered buying the 10/$90 (to split with her sister) and she said shipping was free for that. Perhaps she called them. Even with my shipping, I thought it was a good deal for my needs.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 02:22 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinCPA
I have the PortaInk side by side traveler. I LOVE this storage solution. I can't say enough about it. It's perfect for me and I like that it has the plastic cover so I can take it with me when I go to a friend's house. I found it a little pricier than other options, but IMHO it was worth every penny.
My thoughts exactly! I have this same system and love it!! With the new colors coming out, I'm thinking of getting another one, slightly smaller.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 04:18 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Has anyone tried ordering from this site? They have a 60-pad holder for $40.

http://www.petfoodbox.com/stamping_storage

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." ~ Scott Adams
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 04:56 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I use one of the wooden cassette holders. I found one for 7 dollars at a flea market. It holds 100 ink pads. It works great. But I think it's too big for your space
Attached Thumbnails
Ink Storage - Do you love yours?-cassette-holder.jpg  

I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, the hairspray I use and the friends I have.

If you can't get rid of the skeleton in the closet you might as well take it out and let it dance.
George Bernard Shaw
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 05:11 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone tried ordering from this site? They have a 60-pad holder for $40.

http://www.petfoodbox.com/stamping_storage.html

I actually have the one that stores 60 stamp pads with the ribbon/wheel section. I love it, but it is not portable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 07:10 PM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Love getting everyone's feedback on this! Some of the wood units look great, but are too big for my needs. I'm sure other people will be interested in seeing them though. In fact it might be nice to have as many different options as possible all listed in one thread - with people's product reviews as well as how the companies are to deal with. Feel free to post links and pics even if they don't fit my paramaters.

I've been leaning toward the PortaInk all day - the one that turns. I really like the way both size pads would fit. Really the only thing I don't care for is the color - doesn't really go with the stuff in my stamp room. But I guess i could get over it.

Kathy- thanks so much for pointing out the turn table option on the Dzyntec. I hadn't noticed that. I'm going to measure again to see if that would work for me. I do really like the look of that one and am encouraged that you like the quality. I would not have room for 4 side by side, but maybe on the turntable. One question - would old style pads fit in it?
I tend to agonize for a long time over decisions like this, so continued input is welcome!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 08:35 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Jami,

I don't have the old style pads, so not sure of the dimensions. I have several other brands that fit fine: Memories, Fresco, VersaMark, StazOn and Ancient Page. The ink pad shelves are just deep enough for the new style pads with a little wiggle room on the sides. Some of the shorter ink pads slide in a bit too far, so put a piece of foam or something at the back of the shelf.

Note: the turntable is 14" square, but you need 20" clearance for the diagonal of the square to turn around.

Like you, I'm a comparison shopper and looked at several of the designs listed here and others. Everyone's needs are different though, hope you find something to fit yours. These threads about storage come up every month or so, that's how I found the many styles and it only seemed to make the decision harder, ;-) . It would be nice to post a list in the resources page, but perhaps that might be seen as endorsement. Oh, well.

~ Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by muldoon
I use one of the wooden cassette holders. I found one for 7 dollars at a flea market. It holds 100 ink pads. It works great. But I think it's too big for your space
This is exactly what I have. When we bought our house there were four of these things left behind. They just stayed there till one day after I brought my stamping stuff home for good I went down to see if the ink pads would fit and they did. I love it and it now stores my pads, ribbon, spectrum pads and other little things. I originally had four but gave two away. Had I realized how versitle they were I probably would have kept all four but two is better than none right?

SAHM to Dominik 1/1/00 & Alyssa 3/8/01
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/smartinez182

Go Beavers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 09:16 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Default inkpad storage

Jani,

I love the Portaink storage one. I think that it is the best one because, A: you can hang it on your wall giving you more counter space and B; it is portable.

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 10:37 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

I bought the DVD holders from IKEA for my SU stamp pads but I am looking for something to store my Colorbox chalk pads. They are a little over 1" tall so don't seem to fit into anything! Does anyone have any storage solutions for these? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 02:04 AM   #20  
Abbe-licious

I have the DVD holders from IKEA also, but was disappointed that the stazon, versamark and spectrum pads don't all fit into the spaces. Other than that, I love them, and they looks so pretty all filled with ink, plus they were only $5 a piece and each one holds at least 17 ink pads, can't remember the exact count.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 04:35 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

For those asking about the one from Pet Food Box. I didn't buy from there, I got mine from ebay but it looks like the exact same thing as the one from the Pet site. Don't know if they're the same person.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I love mine. It is tall. Not portable.Stury. Well made. Just what I needed for me. I had NO problems with the lady on ebay. Fast shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 05:59 AM   #22  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking at the Ink Pad Palace from www.motherrubber.com & some things at www.stampinktons.com .

I need compact with lots of slots. I also need really affordable! The ink pad palaces are about $10 each, so I can get more as I need them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 06:12 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the stamp n' store 215 & I really like it. I figured it was a good starter & then I could add a second one later, which I need to do now with the new colors!

My upline has the porta-ink that turns. I really like hers, the ink pad slots seem to be "tilted" slightly so the pads just slide in so nice. THe thing I don't like about hers is that at her stamp camps she puts it in the middle of the table & it is so tall you can't see around it. I am a social stamper, I need to see the people across the table.

The are both nice systems, for me the up against the wall works best & the stamp & store is easy to move about when you need to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 07:53 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

I looked on the Dzyntec site and it says that if you buy 4 you get free shipping, but then when you go through the check out it gives a shipping amount. Has anyone ordered these recently? I'm curious. Also, can you fit the ink cartridges in the drawers? I have a fellowes cassette holder for my pads, but now with the new colors, I'd like to get something more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 12:28 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ink Pad Storage Links

I compiled the following links during my own ink pad storage search. I ended up getting the first one on the list and absolutely love it. It don't think that it would work for you given your alotted space. However, there may be some links that you have not seen yet. I hope that you find one that suits your needs. Take care, Brenda

Wooden Ink Pad Storage Shelf Unit (48 slots & holes for reinkers)
http://www.rubberstampstorage.com/stampinUpInkRack.htm

Wooden Ink Pad Storage Shelf Unit (72 slots)
http://www.stampin-pad.com/inktons.htm

Wooden Ink Pad Storage Shelf Unit (48 slots, 2 configurations)
http://www.zaneswoodworks.com

Wooden Ink Pad Swivel Storage Units (various configurations)
http://suink.net

Wooden Ink Pad Storage Swivel and Shelf Units (various configurations, Canadian)
http://www.forevertreasures.ca/Woodw...g&stamping.htm

Wooden Ink Pad Swivel Storage Units (various configs & customization available)
http://www.dekdevelopment.net/251173.html

Wooden Ink Pad Swivel Storage units (various configs)
http://www.stampinthings.com

Wooden Ink Pad Swivel and Shelf Units (various configs)
http://www.hankswoodcrafts.com/

Porta Ink (various configurations made from Polycarbonate)
http://www.cdjdesigns.com/store/agora.cgi

Acrylic Ink Pad Shelf Unit (30 or 60 slots + reinker storage on top)
http://www.stampnstore.com

Acrylic Ink Pad Holders (ink pads stack on top of one another)
http://www.wistampsupplies.com

Acrylic Ink Pad Shelf Unit (12 slots, plus drawer for reinkers)
http://www.dzyntec.com

Cardboard Ink Pad Shelf Unit
http://www.motherrubber.com/Storage.html

Cardboard Ink Pad Storage
http://www.stampinktons.com/index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 01:03 PM   #26  
Glitter Guru

Wow--thanks for the fabulous list! I'm in the process of researching, and this helps tremendously!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." ~ Scott Adams
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn g
I looked on the Dzyntec site and it says that if you buy 4 you get free shipping, but then when you go through the check out it gives a shipping amount. Has anyone ordered these recently? I'm curious. Also, can you fit the ink cartridges in the drawers? I have a fellowes cassette holder for my pads, but now with the new colors, I'd like to get something more.
I talked with this lady recently via email and there is no free shipping. It is a little expensive shipping - but the product is priced well. To ship 4 to myself in ohio is was $25 shipping. Based on your zip. I didn't see the free shipping offer and I was on there today and yesterday. Maybe it was for something else?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 01:31 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

One question - would old style pads fit in it?
I just called on the Dzyntec system and she said the old style pads fit. You just put them in sideways and have some room around them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 01:39 PM   #29  
Inking Addict

I have the wooden case for 48 pads from www.wadsworthwoodcreations.com. It was a gift for Christmas but I LOVE it! Well worth the money DH spent on me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 01:39 PM   #30  
Crimping Master

Qbee - great research! Thanks for all the links!

I decided on the dzyntec organizer. It was really the only one that jumped out at me and that's usually a good sign. I agree the shipping is a little steep, although it's "only" $14 and some change to Colorado. I did notice most every site had high shipping though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 06:25 PM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

That's an awesome resource list Qbee!!! It's going to take me awhile to digest all that info!

kjboatright - thanks for checking to see if the old style pads fit in that one. Does anyone know (as Dawn asked earlier) if ink cartridges fit in one of those drawers on the dzyntec?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 06:52 PM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy Lane
I have the wooden case for 48 pads from www.wadsworthwoodcreations.com. It was a gift for Christmas but I LOVE it! Well worth the money DH spent on me!!
I am liking the look of this one! Do you absolutely love it?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:15 PM   #33  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Just to add to the options:

Case Logics CD Holder
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

It's $18.95 - here's the link to purchase it
http://www.millionbuy.com/cascd60.html

Here's a high-end option from the gallery

Here's the Fellowes Cassette Holder that was such a great deal. I don't think they are available any more though?

Checkout this awesome one in the gallery

And here's one more

I noticed several people had PortaInk units. I saw no pics of either of the 2 acrylic type units we've discussed above. Anyone who has them - would you please post to the gallery and post a link here so we can see them in use? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2005, 11:02 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Ink cartridges do not fit in the bottom drawer (which is the width of the case). However, if you cheat like I described earlier, breaking out one of the grids in a smaller drawer, then yes they'll fit. I broke out the grid by applying steady pressure with my thumbs, it breaks in pieces, but the drawer stayed intact. I fit 8 ink cartridges in the drawer, standing on end.

Ha, ha, makes me think of a phrase my mechanic husbands uses:
"Beat to fit and paint to match".

~ Kathy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 05:57 AM   #35  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Kathy - is there any chance you could post a few pictures? Maybe one of how you have yours set up and one of how it would look on the turntable and one or two close-ups? Pretty please?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 06:39 AM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Jami,

Will have to wait til my dh can help me upload a digital photo, I usually just scan stuff. Have school activities with son tonight, perhaps tomorrow?

(Oh, and have to clean up my desk, I'm a messy stamper).

...off to work now.

~ Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 06:57 AM   #37  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikimom
). p.s. The woman I wrote to answered back that she considered buying the 10/$90 (to split with her sister) and she said shipping was free for that. Perhaps she called them. Even with my shipping, I thought it was a good deal for my needs.
I emailed the company and they got right back to me the next day and the free shipping was a misprint and has been removed. I didnt think it was true as the price was so low already. I too am still trying to decide what to order. I know I need something with a turntable as my desk/table sits in the middle of the room. Right now I use the photo boxes back to back on a lazy susan. They work but I get my colors groups mixed up. I have more than 48 pads so four of the lucite ones is not enough and with the new colors from SU, I will have more. Decisions, decisions!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikimom
Jami,

Will have to wait til my dh can help me upload a digital photo, I usually just scan stuff. Have school activities with son tonight, perhaps tomorrow?

(Oh, and have to clean up my desk, I'm a messy stamper).

...off to work now.

~ Kathy
I can relate! (messy and need DH help) I have now learned to do the digital photos on my own unless they need to be lightened or cropped - haven't gotten that part yet.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlie
I emailed the company and they got right back to me the next day and the free shipping was a misprint and has been removed. I didnt think it was true as the price was so low already. I too am still trying to decide what to order. I know I need something with a turntable as my desk/table sits in the middle of the room. Right now I use the photo boxes back to back on a lazy susan. They work but I get my colors groups mixed up. I have more than 48 pads so four of the lucite ones is not enough and with the new colors from SU, I will have more. Decisions, decisions!!!
This kind of decision takes me forever!!! UGH! I like things about several of them, but none is perfect for what I need.

I'm wondering if extra ink pads would fit if 1 of the drawers were removed on each unit? I probably wouldn't need all of the drawers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #40  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneywed
I am liking the look of this one! Do you absolutely love it?

Yes, I would say that I ABSOLUTELY love it. It has been the one and only storage that I have had. It is great for taking to workshops. In fact, I am planning on ordering two more of the 12 pad holders...one for the new neutrals, plus overflow and one smaller one to take to workshops. It is really nice that the pads "click" into place and you could swing the darn thing upside down and none will fly out...trust my my 2year old monster has tried it! I have looked at the other plastic, cardboard, options and keep going back to this one. It is definitely an investment, but I would say a great one!!!
Reply With Quote Likes