Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #1  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR GRANNY IS SHAMELESS!

I went to Home Depot and took a folder with 1 of every color cardstock.

I SHAMELESSLY stood at the paint sample counter and picked out not 1 but 2 or more samples that matched each color of my cardstock.

OVER 100!

Then I innocently went to the checkout and out them on the counter.

They cashier said they would be no charge for them.

Again I looked so innocent and said "But I have soooo many".

She said "That's okay have a great day!"

So I'm having a great day just like she said!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

lol that is tooooo cute

enjoy those paint chips
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

*tee-hee* I picked up a gazillion paint chips and countertop samples today, too. *blushes*

Would our Granny feel up to letting us know the brand and name of the paint chips which match the SU! cardstock?
;)

'Cause that would rock!!

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonlea
Would our Granny feel up to letting us know the brand and name of the paint chips which match the SU! cardstock?
;)

'Cause that would rock!!
I think that would definitely help to rid her of any shame she might still be feeling!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Your granny is shameless

You are one "bad" girl! Good for you! Enjoy your samples....

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

My mom has had a HUGE stack of paint chips for a few weeks now because she simply can't decide what colors to use on her walls. I have told her several times, DON'T THROW THOSE AWAY WHEN YOU'RE DONE, I WANT THEM!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #7  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I just went to the BEHR display. I just pulled them out until I found one that look good next to the paper then I took 2.

Someone else might see them differently or might not pick the same shades but this is what I got.

Amethyst..............................590B........ ............First Color Anemone
Ballet Blue.............................610C............. .......First Color Windmill Wings
.......................................... 600D....................First Color Finesse
Barely Banana........................310C................ ....First Color Kansas Grain
...........................................320D... .................First Color Arizona Tan
Burgundy...............................150E....... .............First Color Delicate Blush
...........................................150F... .................First Color VictorianMauve
Bliss Blue...............................540C........... .........First Color Mineral Water
...........................................550A... .................First Color Sea Sprite
Blush Blossom.........................210E.............. ......First Color Bella Pink
...........................................230E... .................First Color Early Sunset
Bordering Blue........................750A.................. ..First Color Raging Sea
Brilliant Blue.............................................. .......Couldn't Match
Cameo Coral..........................120B............... .....First Color Old Fashion Pk
Close To Cocoa......................760B................... .First Color Adobe Straw
...........................................770B... .................First Color Classic
Choc. Chip.............................750B............. ...... First Color Prestige
...........................................780B... .................First Color Slate Pebble
Eggplant Envy.........................670D................. ..First Color Ballad
...........................................660D... .................First Color Lilac Rose
Forest Foliage........................................... ........Couldn't match
Gable Green...........................440D.............. ......First Color Desert Cactus
Glorious Green............................................. ......Couldn't Match
Green Galore............................................ .........Couldn't Match
Going Gray.............................760F............. .......First Color Down Pour
...........................................780F... .................First Color Sparrow
Lavender lace.............................................. .....Couldn't Match
Marvelous Magenta.................680B....................Fi rst Color Pressed Flower
Mauve Mist.............................................. ........Couldn't match
Mellow Moss..........................400F................ .....First Color Restful
..........................................410E.... .................First Color Frostwork
Mint.............................................. ..................Couldn't Match
More Mustard........................260D............... ......First Color Copper River
..........................................280D.... ................First Color Caramel Sundae

Last edited by Granny Hawkins; 06-04-2005 at 04:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow - that should get you in the mood for creating!!!!

I got about 20 the other day and asked the checkout lady "Do I need to return them?" She said "Oh, no, you can keep them!" I must admit - it relieves any twinges of guilt that were there!!!

Go Granny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 04:16 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Granny - thanks for sharing! This will save us all a lot of legwork. Can't wait to see what you do with these---let us know when you add some of these to your gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #10  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Night Of Navy..........................600F................ ....First Color Heritage
Old Olive.................................400D........ ............First Color Corn Husk Gr
Only Orange.............................200B........... ........ First Color Citrus Hill
............................................220B.. ..................First Color Orange Grove
Orchil Opulence........................660D.............. ......First Color Lilac Rose
Perfect Plum............................670D.............. ......First Color Ballad
.............................................650D. .................First ColorWinterAmethyst
Posivitely Pink..........................120B................ ....First ColorOldFashonedPk
Pretty In Pink...........................120C............... .....First Color April Blush
Real Red..................................130B......... ...........FirstColorPrimroseGarden
Really Rust...............................210D........... ........FirstColorMed.Terracotta
Rose Red.................................110B.......... ..........First Color Foxy Pink
.............................................100B. ...................First Color Pink Chintz
Ruby Red.................................150D.......... .........First Color Pale Berry
Sage Shadow...........................440F............. ......First Color Athenian Gr
Summer Sun.............................300B.............. .....First Color Sunporch
Taken With Teal........................510B.................. .First Color Cloudless
Tempting Turquoise...................500B.................. .First Color Gem Turquoise
Yo Yo Yellow............................330B............ .......First Color Cheerful Hue

I can't figure out the rest of my colors. I will post them when I do! LOL

Last edited by Granny Hawkins; 06-04-2005 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 04:38 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

OOh! That reminds me! The Behr display at our Home Depot has a self serve computer! One could take the new card stock colours (for example) and see what the computer generates as a match!

I did brings some Behr paint chips home, so I will go and play with Granny's list!

Thank you Granny H for taking the time to compile and share this with us!
*smooches*

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 04:43 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a tip about paint chips. I saw a card here on SCS in the gallery where the creator used a paint chip on her card. She used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get the wording off. I thought I would try it so I went to my local commissary (grocery store) and got a magic eraser to try it on paint chips I already had. Sure enough, it worked wonders to take the wording off. You have to scrub for a little bit but it worked. So that way when you use them you don't have the pesky wording of the color name on your card. Just a tip. Sorry if that was a hijack.
Granny you make me smile!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #13  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Like I said these looked good to me. You might totally disagree but at least it is a starting point.

Some colors just would not match and I think I might be short a couple of colors. I also have 3 sets of chips left over that now don't match anything. GO FIGURE! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #14  
Sassy Shani

You are outta control Granny. What did poppa have to say about all of your paint chips. Somehow I picture him sittin in his easy chair just shakin his head. Am I even close?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Waiting patiently for Granny's paint chip cards to show up in the gallery . . . . . . . . . .
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:39 PM   #16  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon
You are outta control Granny. What did poppa have to say about all of your paint chips. Somehow I picture him sittin in his easy chair just shakin his head. Am I even close?
How can you see all the way from there to here? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #17  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristransue
Waiting patiently for Granny's paint chip cards to show up in the gallery . . . . . . . . . .
Give me a little thinking time. I just figured the other day what everyone was talking about when they said paint chips. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
Give me a little thinking time. I just figured the other day what everyone was talking about when they said paint chips. lol
You crack me up! As soon as you figured it out, you were at the store finding them! You must be your demo's best customer with such enthusiasm! (Or are you a demo?) I can't wait to see your creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #19  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
You crack me up! As soon as you figured it out, you were at the store finding them! You must be your demo's best customer with such enthusiasm! (Or are you a demo?) I can't wait to see your creations!
Probably need to be. I ask my demo if she would care if i became a demo under her. I have been with her a long time and don't want to upset her in any way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

Granny you just read my mind. I just finished posting on the Paint Chip Swap I'm in. I got over pretty quickly the guilt I was feeling for swiping all the chips at Home Depot and Wal-mart.

Come join the paint chip swap I'm in!!
I wanted to add the link to that thread here but can't figure out how to do it. You can check my posts and find it. There's a few spots left, come and be creative with us. I'd love to get some Granny swap.

Cyn;)

"I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind." Emily Bronte
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #21  
Glitter Guru

LOL That is too funny!! You go Granny!!!!!!!

My blog:
http://weebeestampin4fun.blogspot.com/

Featured Stamper #153 on SCS-January 10, 2010
Merry Maker for the Merry Monday Challenges-April 2012-April 2016
Guest Designer for the SCS Color Challenges-May 2013
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Oh Granny, it's so good to have you back here with us. I smile everytime I read one of your posts!

Karrie G.
SCS Member #8990

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/karrieg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 07:47 PM   #23  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

Does anyone else like to leave the words on? I think it's neat to show it's a paint chip!

I recently saw a card with a torn edge paint chip, thought that was pretty neat.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Wink Could you help me granny?

We don't have a Home Depot around here. Could you go to Menards and/or Lowe's and "shop" for paint chips then match them up to the SU colors? LOL
Since you are "shameless" thought you might enjoy the challenge. LOL-rolling on floor!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Quote:

I went to Home Depot and took a folder with 1 of every color cardstock.

I SHAMELESSLY stood at the paint sample counter and picked out not 1 but 2 or more samples that matched each color of my cardstock.

So I'm having a great day just like she said!
Oh Granny, you are shameless!! LOL. Of course, I must be shameless too, since I just printed off all of your colors so I can go. Granny, I am sooooo glad you're back, you just make me smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 03:15 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

And to think my DH told me I was stealing those paint chips from someone who really needed them. I replied that I asked before I left with about 50 of them and they said I could have as many as I want. He replied that if only they knew I was never going to buy paint from them! What a spoil sport. I am glad to see others ask before they take!!!! You go Granny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 02:06 PM   #27  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

A "stampin'" girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 02:39 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

The Behr ones are the best,,, they have the bigger ones and I have noticed they also have square ones,,,, they make wonderful small tag bookmarks,, stamped with basic ink or staz on. make sure they dry well...

I went several weeks ago after the challenge on here and am standing at the paint chip display and this young kid comes up to ask if I need any help with paint and that if I do to let him know. (No one ever ever asks if you need help if you really do) Here I stood with about a dozen paint chip cards splayed out in my hand like a deck of cards and I am just choosing away at all the colors picking the ones I like. Oh my gawd, I was so embarrassed that I only escaped with about 20 of the paint chip cards. I know they give them away but I felt so guilty taking them when I had no intention of choosing paint.... LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 03:01 PM   #29  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

I kinda figure that the paint company gives them the chips anyway so the store is probably losing no money on them unless 30,000 frantic women start taking 100 of them when they go in.

I can't imagine anyone who would take that many at one time anyway.

Plus I have seen where Arthur Blank or whatever his name is lives and he won't miss a few paint chips. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Granny, you are my hero!!!!!! You are so funny, but I want you know that I'm going to Home Depot tomorrow! Going to find me some paint chips.
Hugs, Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Probably need to be. I ask my demo if she would care if i became a demo under her. I have been with her a long time and don't want to upset her in any way.
I can assure you that you demo would love for you to become a demo!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #32  
Crimping Master

She might not want you to become a demo if you are her best customer and it sounds like you are granny.
From "Nana"!!

Sue's gallery
www.stampinwithsue.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 06:34 PM   #33  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinsue
She might not want you to become a demo if you are her best customer and it sounds like you are granny.
From "Nana"!!
Maybe not her best but that is what I am worried about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #34  
Glitter Guru

This is too funny! I've never tried using any paint chips - guess what's next on my list of things to do...!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2005, 05:07 AM   #35  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh my gosh, you are too too funny!!! They probably thought, Oh that sweet young lady wanted to pay for them! Have fun and I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2005, 06:50 AM   #36  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlie
I went several weeks ago after the challenge on here and am standing at the paint chip display and this young kid comes up to ask if I need any help with paint and that if I do to let him know. (No one ever ever asks if you need help if you really do) Here I stood with about a dozen paint chip cards splayed out in my hand like a deck of cards and I am just choosing away at all the colors picking the ones I like. Oh my gawd, I was so embarrassed that I only escaped with about 20 of the paint chip cards.
Too funny. When I'm in the store and am asked if I need help, I figure it's because I'm holding a 'hand' of 15 or so chips in colors that NO WAY match! The paint folks are probably thinking... "Someone stop her before she paints her kitchen those colors!"
Old 06-06-2005, 07:37 AM   #37  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
Too funny. When I'm in the store and am asked if I need help, I figure it's because I'm holding a 'hand' of 15 or so chips in colors that NO WAY match! The paint folks are probably thinking... "Someone stop her before she paints her kitchen those colors!"

EXACTLY....They were probably arguing over who "had" to come and offer to help me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #38  
KLF
Kookie Creator

Smile

I'll stop feeling guilty the next time I grab only 8 or 10 chips. My DH pretends he doesn't know me at Lowe's and Home Depot. (And when I do buy paint I go to a different store!)

Did you ever try the textured chips? I'm not sure of the brand, but they have different textures--very nice--some are a little like sandpaper.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

You GO GRANNY!!! You are way too cute and you deserve all the paint chips you can get your hands on!!!
Tonya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #40  
Gabfest Goddess

Granny, you're just too sweet! I only picked up a couple of samples, but now, thanks to you Granny, I'm gonna go get a bunch more! Thanks!!!

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Reply With Quote Likes