Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2004, 01:52 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Crimper?

I want to do a class for my hostess club and need ideas to use my crimper.
I don't want to keep repeating the same thing. A tip sheet would be awesome here! TIA

Loretta
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 02:01 PM   #2  
LLM
Embossing Fanatic

You can use your crimper to crimp wire. By crimping the wire, it makes a really neat zig zag design - I've used it as a "strap" on purse cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLM
You can use your crimper to crimp wire. By crimping the wire, it makes a really neat zig zag design - I've used it as a "strap" on purse cards.
That is a really great tip! I am making some of those purses tonight and that will be a great addition!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 02:34 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

The crimped wire is really a cool touch but be careful, if you squeeze to tighly the wire will break(I don't know about the 26 gauge though). It also helps to have an extra set of hands to gently pull the wire through as it's going.

My DH thought this was one of the coolest tricks when he saw it. The little things impress him the most. :lol:

"The value of persistent prayer is not that he will hear us...but that we will finally hear him." William McGill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 03:04 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

It's also cool to crimp paper money that you include as a gift in a card. Makes it a touch more special!

Michelle Y
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

You can also crimp the metal edge tags with it. Like even just the sides of it. It looks cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 04:26 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I love the crimped look. Here is a link to a card that I have crimped the entire background piece. Then sponged ink on it to give it a "striped" look. The ink goes on the "hills, not the valleys". It gives it a great 3-D striped look.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Dawn
Check out my FREE DOstamping Resource Library with hundreds of videos, tutorials, stamping techniques, templates and more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 04:48 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I love the look of the crimped tags but I have been afraid to try - the thought of ruining just one of those gorgeous copper ones would break my heart. (I was also afraid of damamging the crimper) but since you gals give it the thumbs up, I will give it a try!

Heather J
SCS Member #2067
Blog - http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.ca/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put two new cards in my gallery that use the crimper. One that I call Paper Lantern, where you stamp your piece, crimp it, then lay it carefully on a dark ink pad and pat gently to get ink on the ridges only. It looks just like a paper lantern. On another one, I stamped, crimped, then glittered the ridges only.

I also have cards with the crimped tags. I've never had a problem ruining one...it is a cool effect!

It's also fun to fold a piece of paper, run it through the crimper on the diagonal, then cut it into a leaf shape. The crimper lines run into a "V"...its neat. You can also crimp one way, then run it through at 90 degrees to the first crimp and you get a cool waffle effect.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 06:11 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by dostamping
I love the crimped look. Here is a link to a card that I have crimped the entire background piece. Then sponged ink on it to give it a "striped" look. The ink goes on the "hills, not the valleys". It gives it a great 3-D striped look.

Dawn
Very Very cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 10:57 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

If you are careful with your metal tag you can actually pull out the center(cut a slit in it first) and crimp the metal (i like to crimp only the center part) Then use the rim to decorate your card, lace ribbon around it, use it as a frame, whatever your imagination can think of!!
Hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 11:15 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampcrazy82
Then use the rim to decorate your card, lace ribbon around it, use it as a frame, whatever your imagination can think of!!
Hmmm, I'm a visual person. Do you mean run the ribbon around the metal frame? How would you see the crimping in the middle. HELP! :oops: I bought some of the metal frames to use at one of my w/s so I would love to know some "out of the box" ideas for them. I can't believe you can crimp them!

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 11:24 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

ok for you visual learners I can not do any more then try to create a great visual picture for you... here it goes.....

Ok so what did I mean by wrapping the ribbon??? well lets all try to visualize your bra strap. I know it's kind of wierd but bare with me. You know the little round plastic thing that connects the strap to the actual bra?? Picture the round thingy as your metal tag and the strap as your ribbon... do you see what I am getting at?? So you are going to lace your ribbon through your tag and you will have it sort of hanging there now you can use a brad or mini deco fastener and poke through your ribbon to attach it you your project. Now if you don't want it to swing around simply do the same thing to theopposite end. pull the ribbon tight and attach with another brad.
I sure hope this made sense if not Let me know and I will try to explain another way!!
Shellie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 05:07 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Ohhhh, ahhhh! Now I get it! LOL! That means more accessories because you can add a brad or eyelet.

Thanks so much for the visual!

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2004, 08:14 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Default Ideas for Using the Crimper/Corrugator

Hi -
someone shared their tip sheet for using the crimper with me --- here it is -- HTH
Happy Stamping and Scrapping, Maria

Ideas for Using the Crimper/Corrugator
---------------------------------------
Idea 1: Make an adorable Ice Cream Cone card with the crimper by crimping the Close To Cocoa card stock. After crimping in one direction feed the paper through again and it will give the paper a the look of a waffle cone. (Awesome texture.) Then cut out the cone shape. For the top of the ice cream, use either the top of the cupcake in Confetti Cupcake or the ice cream scoop in Perfect Party. Stamp and emboss them and then cut them out. Layer several for a double, triple or even quadruple dipped cone! This would make a great scrap book page theme.

Idea 2: You can also run our wire through it for a very cool wavy look. I like to use the end of the corrugator/crimper though and not the middle. That I reserve for running paper through. Put wire through it at an angle (crooked) and the space in between the crimps increases for a really neat look.

Idea 3: Corrugate some stamped images or die cuts before applying them to the cardstock.

Ideas 4: Use it for corrugating card stock layers. Rip the edges of the layers. Great look for collaging.

Idea 5: Use it on the ends of the sour cream container/ornament for decorative purposed and it also helps to hold them shut.

Idea 6: Save all your skinny paper scraps and crimp them to use for gift bag stuffing.

Idea 7: Using text weight paper (not cardstock), fan fold in 1/2 inch sections. Run through the
corrugator at an angle and it makes a herringbone pattern for a cool background or mat.

Idea 8: Use it to add a very cute look to a lunch sack after it has been wheeled. Do the same on a glossy gift bag (no handle) and it looks totally different!

Idea 9: Crimp a little bit up on one side of your card stock and then turn it and crimped a little bit up, turned, crimped a little bit up, etc, until you achieve a crimped criss-cross look.

Idea 10: Try folding the paper before you put it through the corrugator (keeping it folded while
feeding it through). It yields some neat textures because the paper will have lines/folds and the
corrugation goes in different directions.

Idea 11: Shred colored paper and cello bags with a paper shredder. Then use the crimper on the shreds. Use these crimped shreds in the bottom of cello bags as a decorative filler. (Add a stamped topper of course! You can even crimp the topper after stamping.)

Idea 12: Another idea is to punch out leaves in Forest Foliage with our large Leaf paper punch, fold these leaves in half (length wise to create a "spine" and then run them through the crimper in the
opposite direction. These make great additions to cards and memory pages. Then punch out circles from eggplant envy card stock using the medium circle punch. Use the circles to create a "bunch of grapes, and surround them with the corrugated leaves.

Idea 13: Cut out odd shaped ovals and circles in barely banana. Crimp them to create potato chips.

Idea 14: Or 1/4" x 3" strips in barely banana or creamy caramel to create french fries.

Idea 15: For a bit of levity . . . they double as toothpaste savers. . . Just crimp the tube of
toothpaste.

Idea 16: Run ribbon that has a wire edge through the crimper. This makes very pretty garland for the tree.

Idea 17: Crimp entire card then layer! Or crimp just the front side of the card

Idea 18: Stamp and color an image then send it through the crimper. Mount it on your card!

Idea 19: Use it on your paper scraps and then layer them on your card with stamped images over top.

Idea 20: Use it on a whole sheet of decorative paper then cut the paper in inch strips. Use them for a card boarder

Idea 21: Send a piece of cardstock through it and then stamp on top of it with a BOLD image!

Idea 22: Cut/punch it to the shape you want AFTER you crimp it. Heart, circle etc.

Idea 23: Fold the paper up then put it through the crimper. When done crimping it open it up then layer it! Leaves look really neat when crimped after folding them in half.

Idea 24: Crimp flowers: layer them. Fill the middles with glue and beads!

Idea 25: Crimp wallpaper and layer it on your cards!

Idea 26: Crimp bookmarks! Layer image on top. Punch heart or shape in bottom then crimp!

Idea 27: Crimp tags!

Idea 28: Crimp stamped trading cards!

Idea 29: Make crimped paper ribbon - just fold a long thin strip in half for a paper "bow" cut 2 slits in cardstock and slide paper ribbon through.

Idea 30: Crimped paper lace: cut strips of cardstock with scallop Fiskars, punch holes in each scallop. Send through crimper. Layer on card.

Idea 31: Layer crimped paper/cardstock under/behind a "window" card or layer.

Idea 32: Make a layered crimped scene. Fill the bottom of the crimped area with glue and green beads/sand/glitter the top with sky colors then layer your images in the middle.

Idea 33: Weave crimped scraps!

Idea 34: Crimped "dangle embellishment" stamp min stamp image 2 times. Glue together back to back with a string in the middle. Crimp. Hang along edge of card front! Or dangle in window of card!

Idea 35: Inked/Crimped background paper: Crimp a piece of cardstock. Pull an inkpad across the peaks. Allow drying. Flatten paper with hands. Use as layering paper! You can turn and crimp in opposite direction and pull another color ink across it if you like! Spray it with glitter or webbing!

Idea 36: Crimp image for a 3d look in place of /or with 3d dots.

Idea 37: Mini books/journals: crimp the covers! Also crimp pages in a mini book you have made.

Idea 38: Line a shaker card with crimped cardstock layer.

Idea 39: Crimp envies for a neat look!

Idea 40: Crimped AND punched boarder: cut a strip of cardstock. punch shapes into it. Crimp. Layer on card.

Idea 41: Crimp covered pencil holders: crimp stamped cardstock and glue around empty clean can! Put sand/rocks/marbles in the bottom.

Idea 42: Crimped Photo corners. Crimp existing photo corners or better yet . . . make your own! Randomly stamp card stock and use the square punch to create a block that you will cut into fourths. Then crimp and apply to corners of photos.

Idea 43: Its also fun to crimp our frame sets. A few to try are: Around and About; Shining Star; Framed Fun; All About Autumn; Winter Frame Fun. Stamp the matching images, cut them out and crimp them too . . . A fabulous look for your next scrapbook page!

Idea 44: Crimp just the middle of a card. Place card front so the middle of it is on the wheel of the crimper and then clamp down. Roll forward 5 turns and then backwards 10 turns. You will have waves in just the center of the card. Pretty easy way to add texture and eye appeal.

Idea 45: Crimp the middle of the square metal edge tags. Open crimper and insert tag so the crimp lines will appear in the center of the tag. Twist crimper two turns forward, then four turns backwards. Remove tag and admire newly texturized edge. Now if you desire you can remove the paper that is in the tag by making an x using an exacto knife. Then simply pull out the four cut pieces one at a time. Now you have a great frame for a greeting for a manly man card or use it to frame a photo or saying on your next scrapbook page layout.

Oh, one more thing . . . be careful as you will soon find that the crimper is WAY too much fun. It is so addicting you will be amazed at what you try to run through it! (And for goodness sakes . . .Don't crimp the puppy's tail no matter how tempted you may be.) :o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2004, 01:05 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Miggie! That list will be very helpful. I have a stamp club that is always wanting something different.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2004, 01:59 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

JulieHRR crimped a vellum shower cutain & hung it on wire for the tub in LaDeDah. My stamp camp went over the moon for that one.

A lot of artists on here taught me to crimp cardstock around a punched "window" in a card for shutters w/ the Springtime in Paris set. We usually used the flower box in it; some used ribbon curtains to enhance it, or an awning. I just loved these! I cased my share of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2004, 02:33 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Actually here is the tip sheet I created for using the crimper. I've added a few of the ideas I saw here to. (I love to constantly add ideas to these sheets!
Crimp Your Way to Happiness!
. . . Ideas for Using the Crimper/Corrugator

The Stampin' Up! Paper Crimper is not just a "tool" every stamper needs . . . it will quickly become your favorite stamping "toy" too. You just won't be able to resist running new and interesting things through it to add to your stamped cards, scrapbook pages and gifts.

The Stampin' Up Crimper has a very sturdy construction with heavy metal rollers that allow you to crimp easily. It will crimp paper up to 6-1/2 inches wide and has an easy twist
lever on the side that allows paper (as well as other items) to slide easily through the wheels. It will provide great texture and design options and here are a few ideas to get you started.

Idea 1: Make an adorable Ice Cream Cone card with the crimper by crimping the Close To Cocoa card stock. After crimping in one direction feed the paper through again and it will give the paper a the look of a waffle cone. (Awesome texture.) Then cut out the cone shape. For the top of the ice cream, use either the top of the cupcake in Confetti Cupcake or the ice cream scoop in Perfect Party. Stamp and emboss them and then cut them out. Layer several for a double, triple or even quadruple dipped cone! This would make a great scrap book page theme.

Idea 2: You can also run our wire through it for a very cool wavy look. I like to use the end of the
corrugator/crimper though and not the middle. That I reserve for running paper through. Put wire through it at an angle (crooked) and the space inbetween the crimps increases for a really neat look.

Idea 3: Corrugate some stamped images or die cuts before applying them to the cardstock.

Ideas 4: Use it for corrugating card stock layers. Rip the edges of the layers. Great look for collaging.

Idea 5: Use it on the ends of the sour cream container/ornament for decorative purposed and it also helps to hold them shut.

Idea 6: Save all your skinny paper scraps and crimp them to use for gift bag stuffing.

Idea 7: Using text weight paper (not cardstock), fan fold in 1/2 inch sections. Run through the
corrugator at an angle and it makes a herringbone pattern for a cool background or mat.

Idea 8: Use it to add a very cute look to a lunch sack after it has been wheeled. Do the same on a glossy gift bag (no handle) and it looks totally different!

Idea 9: Crimp a little bit up on one side of your card stock and then turn it and crimped a little bit up, turned, crimped a little bit up, etc, until you achieve a crimped criss-cross look.

Idea 10: Try folding the paper before you put it through the corrugator (keeping it folded while
feeding it through). It yields some neat textures because the paper will have lines/folds and the
corrugation goes in different directions.

Idea 11: Shred colored paper and cello bags with a paper shredder. Then use the crimper on the shreds. Use these crimped shreds in the bottom of cello bags as a decorative filler. (Add a stamped topper of course! You can even crimp the topper after stamping.)

Idea 12: Another idea is to punch out leaves in Forest Foliage with our large Leaf paper punch, fold these leaves in half (length wise to create a "spine" and then run them through the crimper in the
opposite direction. These make great additions to cards and memory pages. Then punch out circles from eggplant envy card stock using the medium circle punch. Use the circles to create a "bunch of grapes, and surround them with the corrugated leaves.

Idea 13: Cut out odd shaped ovals and circles in barely banana. Crimp them to create potato chips.

Idea 14: Or 1/4" x 3" strips in barely banana or creamy caramel to create french fries.

Idea 15: Crimp Old Olive circles to make pickles.

Idea 16: For a bit of levity . . . they double as toothpaste savers. . . Just crimp the tube of
toothpaste.

Idea 17: Run ribbon that has a wire edge through the crimper. This makes very pretty garland for the tree.

Idea 18: Crimp entire card then layer! Or crimp just the front side of the card

Idea 19: Stamp and color an image then send it through the crimper. Mount it on your card!

Idea 20: Use it on your paper scraps and then layer them on your card with stamped images over top.

Idea 21: Use it on a whole sheet of decorative paper then… cut the paper in ½ inch strips. Use them for a card boarder

Idea 22: Send a piece of cardstock through it and then stamp on top of it with a BOLD image!

Idea 23: Cut/punch it to the shape you want AFTER you crimp it. Heart, circle etc.

Idea 24: Fold the paper up then put it through the crimper. When done crimping it open it up then layer it! Leaves look really neat when crimped after folding them in half.

Idea 25: Crimp flowers: layer them. Fill the middles with glue and beads!

Idea 26: Crimp wallpaper and layer it on your cards!

Idea 27: Crimp bookmarks! Layer image on top. Punch heart or shape in bottom then crimp!

Idea 28: Crimp paper gift tags!

Idea 29: Crimp stamped trading cards!

Idea 30: Make crimped paper ribbon - just fold a long thin strip in half for a paper "bow" cut 2 slits in cardstock and slide paper ribbon through.

Idea 31: Crimped paper lace: cut strips of cardstock with scallop Fiskars, punch holes in each scallop. Send through crimper. Layer on card.

Idea 32: Layer crimped paper/cardstock under/behind a "window" card or layer.

Idea 33: Make a layered crimped scene. Fill the bottom of the crimped area with glue and green beads/sand/glitter the top with sky colors… then layer your images in the middle.

Idea 34: Weave crimped scraps!

Idea 35: Crimped "dangle embellishment" stamp min stamp image 2 times. Glue together back to back with a string in the middle. Crimp. Hang along edge of card front! Or dangle in window of card!

Idea 36: Inked/Crimped background paper: Crimp a piece of cardstock. Pull an inkpad across the peaks. Allow drying. Flatten paper with hands. Use as layering paper! You can turn and crimp in opposite direction and pull another color ink across it if you like! Spray it with glitter or webbing!

Idea 37: Crimp image for a 3d look in place of /or with 3d dots.

Idea 38: Mini books/journals: crimp the covers! Also crimp pages in a mini book you have made.

Idea 39: Line a shaker card with crimped cardstock layer.

Idea 40: Crimp envies for a neat look!

Idea 41: Crimped AND punched boarder: cut a strip of cardstock. punch shapes into it. Crimp. Layer on card.

Idea 42: Crimp covered pencil holders: crimp stamped cardstock and glue around empty clean can! Put sand/rocks/marbles in the bottom.

Idea 43: Crimped Photo corners. Crimp existing photo corners or better yet . . . make your own! Randomly stamp card stock and use the square punch to create a “block�? that you will cut into fourths. Then crimp and apply to corners of photos.

Idea 44: It’s also fun to crimp our frame sets. A few to try are: Around and About; Shining Star; Framed Fun; All About Autumn; Winter Frame Fun. Stamp the matching images, cut them out and crimp them too . . . A fabulous look for your next scrapbook page!

Idea 45: Crimp just the middle of a card. Place card front so the middle of it is on the “wheel�? of the crimper and then clamp down. Roll forward 5 turns and then backwards 10 turns. You will have “waves�? in just the center of the card. Pretty easy way to add texture and eye appeal.

Idea 46: Crimp the middle of the square metal edge tags. Open crimper and insert tag so the crimp lines will appear in the center of the tag. Twist crimper two turns forward, then four turns backwards. Remove tag and admire newly texturized edge. Now if you desire you can remove the paper that is in the tag by making an “x�? using an exacto knife. Then simply pull out the four cut pieces one at a time. Now you have a great frame for a greeting for a “manly�? man card or use it to frame a photo or saying on your next scrapbook page layout. Too much fun!!

Idea 47: Crimp the entire background piece. Then sponge ink on it to give it a "striped" look. The ink goes on the "hills, not the valleys". It gives it a great 3-D striped look.

Idea 48: It's also fun to fold a piece of paper, run it through the crimper on the diagonal. The crimper lines run into a "V" and it looks pretty cool. You can then use that as a base to layer on or use a punch and create some fabulous looking shapes.

Idea 49: Use the cripmer to do the Paper Lantern Technique. Stamp your piece or card stock as desired and then crimp it. Next lay it carefully on a dark ink pad and pat gently to get ink on the ridges only. It looks just like a paper lantern. You may also choose to add glitter the ridges only.

Idea 51: You can use your crimper to crimp wire into a really neat zig zag design that can be used as "strap" on purse cards.

Idea 50: It's also cool to crimp the paper money that you include in a gift envelope or a card. Makes it a touch more special! Leave it hanging out of a pocket or purse and it actually becomes a part of the design.

Oh, one more thing . . . be careful as you will soon find that the crimper is WAY too much fun. It is so addicting you will be amazed at what you try to run through it! (And for goodness sakes . . .Don't crimp the puppy's tail no matter how tempted you may be.) :o)

© Copyright Colleen Kidder 2004
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2005, 03:18 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

WOW . . . this is quite a huge list of things to do with my crimper !!! :shock: I was so happy with the little things I figured out, but WOW do I have a lot to try out !!! :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2005, 09:13 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH what great ideas. I think I will have to go buy a crimper. I was looking at a card posted today by Kathy Cavanaugh, I love the look!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #21  
Cardstock Collector

Haven't had time to read thru' all the great ideas above, but this one is fun...
Fold a piece...any size, any shape... of decorative paper(cardstock is too thick) into quarters and then run it through the crimper...it looks really cool in the middle!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

OOOOHHHH - this website is KILLING me... I just convinced myself that I really didn't need a crimper... but now I'm not so sure... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Posting so that I can use some of the crimper ideas. TYFS!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

For the look of metal: crimp a piece of brown cardstock. Rub it very gently over embossing ink pad. This should get just the raised ridges damp then sprinkle ep , any metal color(I like copper and bit of verdigris). Heat emboss. Got this idea from a stamping friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2006, 04:22 PM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

I haven't tried it yet, but there is a technique out there somewhere where you take about four layers of tinfoil and run it through the crimper a few different directions then cut it out and use whichever way you want.
Reply With Quote Likes