Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #1  
ADK
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm confused.............

Ok, I'm :confused: I uploaded a picture this morning, and It is still pending!!??!! My friend, whom I took a picture for, uploaded her picture about 15 minutes after me, and hers is up already!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! This is not the first time this has happened. Mine always take a long time?? WHY? I've gotten over 60 views on this one card, and it isn't even uploaded, people aren't going to come back and look if it takes forever to upload a picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

*Sigh* I've tried to be patient, but this really is a question I wish people would just quit asking. It's not a newbie thing, either, because people with hundreds of posts do it, too. I apologize if I sound mean, and it's not personal. Guess your post just happened to be the proverbial straw.

All image approvals are done manually, and there are only a few people who handle it. They have jobs and families, and it really depends on when and how long they can be online to do it. People who browse the gallery by most recent uploads will see your card when they check for the latest images. Just sit back and relax, and it will be there soon enough. ;)

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #3  
ADK
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
*Sigh* I've tried to be patient, but this really is a question I wish people would just quit asking. It's not a newbie thing, either, because people with hundreds of posts do it, too. I apologize if I sound mean, and it's not personal. Guess your post just happened to be the proverbial straw.

All image approvals are done manually, and there are only a few people who handle it. They have jobs and families, and it really depends on when and how long they can be online to do it. People who browse the gallery by most recent uploads will see your card when they check for the latest images. Just sit back and relax, and it will be there soon enough. ;)
Well....what I mostly am confused about is the fact that my friends picture came up before mine when *I* posted my picture first!?!?!? That is why I posted in the FIRST place...........I've had to wait several hours before, so it's not that.........

Edit to add one is up, the one i posted After the first one...weird
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d[COLOR=Magenta
]*Sigh* I've tried to be patient, but this really is a question I wish people would just quit asking. [/COLOR] It's not a newbie thing, either, because people with hundreds of posts do it, too. I apologize if I sound mean, and it's not personal. Guess your post just happened to be the proverbial straw.

Sorry we are annoying you. Yes I have hundreds of post and have been here since March. But I just uploaded my first card yesterday and was not familiar with the posting process. Maybe you can't remember how exciting it was the first time you uploaded a card and went to see it and view the comments. If you are having such a hard time answering these questions, just don't! There is nothing wrong with asking a question.

ADK, I hope your card is up soon I can't wait to see it.

Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by newinker
Sorry we are annoying you. Yes I have hundreds of post and have been here since March. But I just uploaded my first card yesterday and was not familiar with the posting process. Maybe you can't remember how exciting it was the first time you uploaded a card and went to see it and view the comments. If you are having such a hard time answering these questions, just don't! There is nothing wrong with asking a question.

ADK, I hope your card is up soon I can't wait to see it.

Laurie
Yes, I was very excited, but I waited for my picture to appear and didn't bug Jenn and the others or post threads asking about when it would show up. Put yourself in their position. This site has upwards of 30,000 members, and hundreds of new images are approved every day. Imagine if only 5% of us started doing our best impression of kids in the back seat on a road trip while waiting for our stuff to be approved!

ADK, I think it's last in, first out. If you want things to show up in a certain order, you have to upload everything starting at the end of your list.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 04:24 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Yes, I was very excited, but I waited for my picture to appear and didn't bug Jenn and the others or post threads asking about when it would show up. Put yourself in their position. This site has upwards of 30,000 members, and hundreds of new images are approved every day. Imagine if only 5% of us started doing our best impression of kids in the back seat on a road trip while waiting for our stuff to be approved!

My point is, even if you have to answer it a 1000 x's a day, there is no reason why you need to *sigh* and make the question asker feel like a jerk.

Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

All of this can be settled by a simple search. I am not tryong to be snarky, but the fact of the matter is-if you look in Site Suggestion, you will see 3 maybe 4 threads about this very thing.

That being said-I would like to remind everyone that Jenn and Beate do this in their free time AND they both have families and full-time jobs. And, while I understand the excitement of having your picture up, it'll take as long as it's gonna take. These women work VERY hard for this site and they WILL get to it when they can.

Thanks for your patience.
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 04:42 PM   #8  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

another thing to mention. when *I* do approvals, I most-times skip over the ones that haven't been categorized. it takes me too long to figure out where they belong and I figure that beate or jenn will do a better job of it anyway. so anything that's not categorized ends up at the back of the line. don't know if jenn and beate have this same habit, but something to keep in mind - always categorize your uploads.

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 04:44 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey - no harm in asking a question. Yes, a search will sometimes answer your question, and that's preferred. But still. . . We welcome everyone who shares in the gallery - that is what makes this site such a great attraction! I answer this same question via pm, via help emails, and via personal mail several times a day. We are here to help, and happy to answer your questions!

Yes, upload approvals have taken a little while lately. It has a little to do with commitments outside the site (very little) and a LOT to do with the current situation in the gallery. When the gallery is slow as far as uploading and commenting, you can be sure that it is slow to get approvals done. We get them alllllll done every morning for the night before. Beate normally handles that when she gets up. Approvals are done all through the day, and up until about 3:30 this afternoon, they were all done. Right now, I'm approving, and there are only 48 to approve. I will have them all done before I hit the sheets for the night - which is usually at 12:45 - 1 lately, just to make sure everything is visible.

Hang tight, and thanks much for your patience. And thanks even MORE for sharing your creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 08:50 PM   #10  
ADK
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
another thing to mention. when *I* do approvals, I most-times skip over the ones that haven't been categorized. it takes me too long to figure out where they belong and I figure that beate or jenn will do a better job of it anyway. so anything that's not categorized ends up at the back of the line. don't know if jenn and beate have this same habit, but something to keep in mind - always categorize your uploads.
Thank-you for the kind reply, that's what I was wondering about, was how they were uploaded. I thought I have been catorgizing them, butmaybe not good enough...can you elaborate on that catorgizing...

jbalcer-thank you for the pm, it's good to know not everyone is annoyed by simple question!!!!!

Blessings to you all!!!
Ara
Reply With Quote Likes