Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-08-2005, 09:22 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else became a demo during the current recruiting special?

Since so many folks are taking advantage of the awesome signup bonus this month, I thought it would be fun to have one ongoing thread that all of us newbies to the SU! family can post to!

I was invited to my first SU! workshop four years ago, and was hooked on stamping almost immediately. After going back and forth on the idea since my demo suggested signing up during the startup kit special last January, and having to wait till now to have enough money for ordering the kit, I finally sent my paperwork this morning! Now, the seemingly endless waiting begins!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting! I often wondered how many SCS folks had joined SU as a demo because of this Aug special offer. Naturally I assumed most people on the site were all ready demos because they were so knowledgeable about SU products and had tons of ideas. I've been a stamper easily 15 years and only learned about SU in 1999. In the past 4 years or so, I've purchased from 4-5 different demos and realized that I could meet my own minimums and get a discount and all the cool inside information! Geez...the lights finally went on in the attic for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #3  
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!

Hi there,

I just started a thread about an hour ago announcing that I am official. Just couldn't resist the temptation any longer!

Thanks for the welcome!
Justine

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I will be signing up before the special is over. I can't wait!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 09:38 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Congratulations! I sent in my paperwork last Friday after realizing I spent more than the $200 required for the kit at workshops over the last couple months. Plus the lure of the ink pads...
I found this forum when I was looking up all things I could find related to being a demo. Love this site and the galleries made it hard to choose which 6 sets to get. I think I have about 50 sets for my wish list now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 11:17 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Red face Sent mine today as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
...I finally sent my paperwork this morning! Now, the seemingly endless waiting begins!
I guess we're in the same boat! I sent my paperwork out today! Now I'm just going to have to sit tight & wait to see how long it takes the good ole post office to deliver from VA to UT! I decided to send via regular post instead of rush. It's just too dang hot around here to drag myself & my dds to the post office! Now isn't that sad!

Actually, I'm not too excited about the demo kit for the most part because after only about a year of stamping I pretty much have the basics, so I'm really anticiapating my first 30% order... I've pretty much got my first year's quarterly mins planned, I just have to priortize what I need NOW! I wish SU gave hobby demos a yearly quota, instead of a quarterly one, not that I have much excess $$ hanging around, but if I wanted to get $400 at one time, I'd like to that count towards my annual budget...

Now I have to figure out how to convince my family that I don't want anything but cash for Xmas, well, maybe I'll just ask for Walmart or Target gift cards & just take the equivilent $$ & put it in my SU budget!

When does the Sell-A-Bration take place? Also, does anyone remember how many free sets there usually are? Also, wasn't there a 50% off a select set sale? Was it around the same season?

Oh, this waiting is going to drive me crazy...

BTW, my first order is pretty much going to be papers & accessories (of course a few sets), so that I can participate in swaps too...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 11:21 AM   #7  
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!

Hey gals...

What would you all think about putting together a little list of all of us who joined up during this promotion and then we can check in with each other, swap ideas, share frustrations, and generally be a support system to each other? Would anyone be interested in that? If so, let me know in your post or PM me and I will start a list and pass it along to anyone who is interested between now and the end of the promotion!

Thanks,
Justine

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 11:28 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I took advantage of the special offer. Just could not pass up the pads. With what I already have and special offer and 6 pads that come with the kit, I now will have two complete color families of ink. Whoo Hoo. My kit is scheduled to deliver on Wednesday. I just can't wait. I also had a workshop scheduled, which was scheduled 3 months ago, the week prior to sending in my paperwork and earned 7 stamp sets (combination hostess and $$$ to spend) and 3 packages of paper. I am well on my way with a fabulous starter kit.

Patti

*****Reminder to all New Demos: Don't forget to get registered to have access to Demo Only Forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 11:35 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I called and got my demo number on Friday and my kit will be here on Thursday! I had been planning to sign up anyway as soon as I got moved, so the set of free stamp pads was a nice little bonus. I'm planning to be a hobby demo at this point, although I hope to grow a little business as time goes on.

I agree with Monika - now I only want cash for gifts! Of course, everyone else will be getting a nice set of boxed handmade cards from me from now on!! Hope they won't mind.

Congrats to all you fellow newbies and happy stampin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

So glad to hear I'm not the only one who sent their paperwork regular mail! No one has mentioned their uplines, yet! I'm curious to see who's are in state and who's are out of state. I'm from Ohio and my upline is in Washington, but we chat everyday online and bounce ideas back and forth. She has already sent me the Demo newsletter that comes out monthly with projects and ideas.

What do you think the bare minimum items that you will be ordeirng for yourself for your first order?

Does anyone have ideas for making Stampin' Start? ($1500 sales in the 3 months after sign-up)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I joined too

I signed up, too. I'd been thinking about it for awhile, but had been waiting for a special deal before joining.

This is my first posting, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

got my kit on friday!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 12:03 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

I got my kit last Thursday, the free color family did it for me + my upline was offering incentives that I just couldn't pass up.

Now I got the kit & my upline is sending me emails - I'm stressing, I really don't think I have the time for this. So I'll just keep it as a hobby thing & see how long I last.

Jus Colorado suggested us keeping in touch - I think that would be wonderful, keep me posted.

I'm located in Orange Cty CA.

- Kelly A.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Howdy girls, I'm a new Demo too! I recieved an email and my kit pretty quickly. I couldn't pass up the ink pads. Now I'm pretty new to stamping, maybe 9 months or so. But I love the SU products and how they are sold. I hope to make enough to at least support my habit. But who knows this could take off.
Glad to meet you all, lets keep in touch.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #15  
Glitter Guru

I think it would be fun to keep in touch, it kinda is a special group of ladies (& gents - if any are one here).

Well, this is part of the items I've come up with for my official order:

15 different colors of 8.5x11 cs
*color coach wheel* (desperately need this)
black cs
mat pack (I want to sew some things)
Brushed copper cs
notched corner punch (love the look w/ thread)
Lovely as a tree
santa post
xmas carolers
renaissance angels
elegant ornaments
ephemera
snowman fun (wheel)
watercolor crayons (in lieu of any more ink pads)
print patterns
word x word

Gosh, I do have a lot of stamps on there, I might come down on that & focus on all the papers...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I am going to give my paperwork on Wednesday to my Demo, I can't wait
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

ME - Me - me --- I am signing up this month. I am excited. I am signing up as a hobby demo, However, I have one party already scheduled and two more people who have said they will have me do a party for them. I am hoping that maybe with the first couple parties, I can get a stamp club started. We will see....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I signed up as well! Sent my paperwork in a week ago and called to get my demo # on Thursday. I couldn't take it anymore. I finally called today and found out my starter kit is getting delivered on Wednesday. I might exploded before then, I'm so anxious! My sister has been emailing everyday b/c she wants to order something. We're getting together to sb together and I finally told her that we can have a catalog party at the same time, that way she will earn free stuff too. She has a lot of people interested in SU too.

I just love my upline, she has been asking me for two years to sign up as a demo. I went to one stamp-a-stack at her house two years ago and I was completely hooked. Even though I'm a demo now I still told her I would be in her Stampers 10 group, this will be my third year. Its my one night out a month!

Is it Wednesday yet?!

Last edited by Nate's Ma; 08-08-2005 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: adding some details...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

I sent my paperwork on 7/15, the day the special was announced! I'm on vacation now, so will check this thread again when I get home to see how many of us there are!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

I recently joined and just rec'd my number today. (Paperwork was sent regular mail two Fridays ago.)

I've only been to one party almost two years ago and only ordered clear envies b/c I was so overwhelmed w/everything. I bought a set of 49 old-style ink pads (it had a previously retired red in there) from an on-line auction and have two SU stamp sets now.

My plan is to sell to make the minimums, but I was seriously wondering if I can sell $1500 worth of product or recruit someone for the extra two stamp sets. hee hee

I'm started to invite people for my open house in September and the first person I invited (she loves to scrapbook and likes to stamp) said yes. It's a start...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #22  
Embossing Fanatic

Hobby demo here! Signed up 2 weeks ago. I had expressed interest to my demo who I found via her SU web site, then waited - I am glad I did - what a great offer! I have loved stamping since the late 80's, left it for awhile and then I found DOTS(I was a customer) which is now CTMH. I then was told about SU via a person who worked with a demo and had a party. Loved the products but the demos location was not convienient so I never went to any worshops. I was so happy when I found my current demo, she is a very nice person and her classes are great. I had my own hostess order when the 1/2 price sets promo was on in - I think it was March. I found this site on my own before my demo gave me the info. What a great place and wonderful people! Now I hope to get a few customers interested in a stampers club so I can meet the minimums. Now I am working on figuring out my 30% first order...decisions....decisions! Happy stamping to us all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Location: In a galaxy far, far away...sometimes referred to as South Carolina
Smile New demo-to-be here too!!

I sent my paperwork in today via express mail from SC to UT. I am excited!! This is my first post ever to SCS - tho' I have been logging on for several months now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 03:59 PM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Default I will be sending in my paperwork soon!

I just can't pass up the deal on the ink pads!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

My upline sent my paperwork in last Friday. She sent it certified since there were 2 or 3 sets she was sending. Already have 1 or 2 people interested in a monthly stamp club, but need 6 altogether. Was thinking about having an open house, but I'm afraid no one will come. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

I just signed up as a demo also - sent my paper work on Friday via Priority, so hoping to get my number soon! I mostly am looking to be a hobby demo and be able to afford a little more. I am hoping to have a stampers club that will meet every other month to help with my minimums. But, I would not say "no" if someone asked me to do a party. I'm just sort of waiting to see how it goes. I bet SU!'s sign up department is swamped!

My gallery
My blog!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #27  
luvmystamps3

Justine,

CONGRATS! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by coastie wife
I will be signing up before the special is over. I can't wait!!!
That is my plan as well!
~Gina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Me too!

I am going to sign up before the end of the month, but am holding off for a while because I had already signed up to go to the SB Conv. in Tulsa this weekend w/ my sister. She does mostly SBing and I do mostly cards, but we're taking a couple of classes together. I think the idea about starting a group of those of us that signed up during the special is a great idea - I'll pm you, juscolorado.
I had been weighing whether to sign up or not and when they announced the special it just pushed me right over the edge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2005, 06:44 PM   #30  
Crimping Master

I got my demo # last week, and my kit is due to arrive on Wednesday---all 38 1/2 pounds of it!!! We're leaving on vacation bright and early on Friday morning, so I want to have most of our stuff packed ahead of time, so I can at least open the SU box when it comes on Wed. and unpack some of the goodies. Almost makes me want to stay home and play. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 05:06 AM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

I also signed up under the special. My kit will be here today. I am so excited to get started with Stampin Up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 05:21 AM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jus Colorado
Hey gals...

What would you all think about putting together a little list of all of us who joined up during this promotion and then we can check in with each other, swap ideas, share frustrations, and generally be a support system to each other? Would anyone be interested in that? If so, let me know in your post or PM me and I will start a list and pass it along to anyone who is interested between now and the end of the promotion!

Thanks,
Justine
Awesome idea! I was thinking the same thing and started writing down the SCS and real names.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 05:46 AM   #33  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

well now that you all got your kit you need to plan on how to make your Stampin Start. I made mine with 2 days to spare... I had to offer my 20% discount to get that last $200 but was well worth it. I signed up to be a hobby demo anyway but wanted those 2 FREE SETS!!! lol... I started out with an Open House and offered a free ink pad with every $50 and if they ordered $100 I offered a free ink pad and choice of color pack of cardstock! It got some great orders as my Open House (also the order for my 30% off) I had over $600 in one shot!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 06:33 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

I love your idea, Justine! Let's all try to keep in touch and see how it is going this first quarter. I am so excited. I started with the idea of just being a hobby demo and now am shooting for the 1,500. first quarter challenge. I got my starter kit last night. I hope to watch the long dvd this evening. I have all 7 sets mounted! (The seventh is the alpha set in the scrappin' add-on) I am trying to plan a workshop/openhouse to get some people to agree to host a workshop. I am getting so many great ideas from these forums. Thank you so much SCS for the help. What a great place and a great group of stampers! Charlotte in North Texas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 06:35 AM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

Rachel, thank you for starting this thread. I am so surprised to hear you are not already a demo. You are so knowledgeable and helpful to everyone! I have gotten so much out of your posts! Congrats on the decision! Charlotte
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 08:49 AM   #36  
Forum Fanatic

Talking New Recruit because of the Special

I had been debating on signing up because I spend so much on stampin up. Its funny because I avoiding stamping and scrapping for years because I knew I'd get addicted. Well as a gift to me someone bought an album and a few supplies to get me started to do my daughters birthday, then I found stampin up. I became a member of a monthly group and I instantly wanted to do what my demo did. I told here in the beginning of july and she said wait for a few weeks there might be a summer special and boy was there. I get my kit tomorrow and I have a party booked and hope to form a group like the one I was in. Im about to burst with excitement. Ive found my calling and a new set of friends I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

I couldn't pass up the sign up bonus. I had to quit another company to join but I spent more on SU so I decided to get the discount. I will only be a hobby demo but I think a few close friends will help me with the minimum.
I got my demo number last week so I've been checking out the demo site. My kit and first order are suppose to be here tomorrow. I'm impatiently waiting for the brown truck! I'm very close to the Louisville KY UPS hub so sometimes I get things a day early. I'm sure it won't happen with this shipment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default New Demo

This is my first post to this site, but I've been lurking and thinking of becoming a demo for a while.

I got my Demo # yesterday and my kit will be here on Friday!!

I can hardly wait.

I agree with Jus Colorado, we should try to keep in touch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had been thinking about becoming a demo for a while, and when this special came out I decided to jump on the band wagon. I am a little sad though, cant send in my paperwork until the 15th (pay day :( ) So I still have to wait a couple more days to send the paperwork and then have to wait for my Kit! HUGH!! I dont think I will be able to stand it, I will be going crazy! One thing that has helped me keep my wits is that I am joining an awesome family! WooHoo can't wait!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

ME ME!! I am getting my kit tomorrow! Can't wait to play. My DH is working tomorrow night too so I can play all night. This site had me spending SO much money I figured I had nothing to lose. I am sure I will be my own best customer. My upline is Karen Titus, she lives in MN but comes to Chicagoland often. I put my request to be on the demo only board yesterday but haven't heard back anything yet. I am sure she is SWAMPED with requests. I would love if we had a "group" that we could vent our frustrations with each other.Looking forward to tomorrow

Jenae
Reply With Quote Likes