Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-29-2005, 05:06 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Directions for altered cd scrapbook

ok people, first, thanks for visiting my gallery. The cobwebs were really accumulating in there! I think it's been months since I've posted anything....

Anyway, here are the directions for the altered cd scrapbook!

You'll need:
Six cd's
1 loose leaf ring
3 12x12 different designer paper
4x6 photos
exacto knife and cutting mat, snips, circle scissor with glass mat(if you own it)
ribbon, tags, stamps, stickers & other embellishments
Drill with 5/32 bit
adhesive
tag, square and circle punches

1. Drill a hole in the top of each cd. What I do is collect used cd's on an empty cd spindle, and then I leave them on there and drill them all at the same time. I hang the edge of the spindle off of the table and put a hole through the very top.

2. Cut 4 circles out of each sheet of 12x12 paper. If you own the big green round Circle Scissor (you can buy it at walmart or michaels) the hole number to use is 119. Make sure the blade is facing the right direction! If you don't have the circle scissor, just trace and cut. If you plan on making a lot of these, get the circle scissor, it's a lot quicker. SAVE THE LEFTOVERS! Whenever I say SCRAPS in the directions below, I mean the original 12x12 sheets you cut your circles out of. You'll be able to make tags and strips from your scraps!

3. Now you get to be creative. I always make my very first page the title page. To color block your papers, you can cut two different circles in half,
adhere them to your cd, and then cut a strip from contrasting paper to cover up the seam. Trim the edges of the strip off with an exacto knife

NOTE: Whenever you finish the first side of a cd, use the SU 1/8 handheld hole punch to punch out the circle. If you do both sides and try to punch out the circle, it's hard to find!

4. On the back of my cover page, I made a page with a pocket. To do that, adhere one intact circle of designer paper on the cd, and then adhere a half circle of contrasting paper to the bottom, being careful to only put adhesive on the round edge so you have an open pocket across the top of the half circle. I used some contrasting scrap paper to make a decorative strip across my pocket. You can use scrap paper to make tags to tuck into your pocket, and even put some photos on the tags. Don't throw away those index sheets you get from developing photos! Those little pictures are great for these scrapbooks.

5. For a page with a picture, you first need to decide if you will be mounting your picture vertically or horizontally. Then trim your picture on the long sides, (let the edges hang off of the cd.) Your picture will usually take up a majority of the space on the cd, so instead of wasting your paper underneath, grab the circles of paper you want to use on the page and only cut off from the circles what you will need to cover the areas of the exposed cd. You can use the rest on other pages. Adhere the paper, and then the photo, and then trim the edges off of the photo using your exacto knife.

6. For a page with ribbon trim, be sure to adhere your designer papers to your cd first, but don't adhere the edges down yet. Once you adhere your ribbon to the cd, you can tuck the loose ends under the paper to give a clean finished look. You can use adhesive squares like Vario tabs to finish gluing the edges of the paper down if you can't get your mono on there.

7. Use your punches to crop your pictures and then colorblock with your designer paper circles. You can cut your papers into halves, thirds, or quarter to make different sections or pockets.

8. Use the same ideas to make a single page, card or ornament. Just thread a ribbon through the hole when you are done! DID YOU KNOW: a cd will fit in the SU square envelope!

If you haven't seen the altered cd scrapbook yet, click here:

Altered CD scrapbook by girlygirl at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun, and be sure to post your creation so we can all see!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2005, 05:21 AM   #2  
LSN
Glitter Guru

Yeah! Finally a reason to look forward to junk mail! Thanks for the awesome directions.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up delicious!

A girly girl who uses a powertool? Are you sure about that? ;)
Hehehe.

Thank you soooo much for posting your directions. Your layouts and colours and papers, etc look so yummy!! Where *did* you get those yummy papers?? :cool:

FYI...Some will probably not be able to see the link to photos of her LOVELY scrapbook, so here'a link:
click to see girlygirl's cd scrapbook.
Then, you can click on the little thumbnail images below the big one to see the other pages. I hope this works!

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2005, 12:13 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default altered CD book

Here it is as a WORD file:
Attached Files
File Type: doc altered CD book.doc (27.5 KB, 567 views)
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonlea
Your layouts and colours and papers, etc look so yummy!! Where *did* you get those yummy papers??
I fell in love with those papers! They are by Anna Griffin, and I bought them at a local scrapbooking shop. I believe Michael's carries Anna Griffin paper. Most of the embellishments are by I-Kandee, and some of you might have spotted an Island Blossoms sticker in there...that's from the Island Blossoms level 1 scrapbooking kit from SU. I'm really liking yellow lately...it goes so well with pink!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to alfenner

Okay, I know this is an ANCIENT thread, but I'm getting ready to make my first album, and have a question (how's that for a run-on sentence! lol).

What did you use to adhere the papers and such to the CD's? I woudln't think that mono would keep it down -- any tips? (and maybe you know now how it holds up!)

Thank you for such wonderful instructions!!!
Reply With Quote Likes